Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome!

I'm training for the New York Marathon. Running is probably the most selfish sport because its draw (for me at least) is a mental and physical cleanse. Every long run is like spring cleaning in my brain. So, to get away from complete self-immersion  - I decided to run for a charity so I can least help out some kids along with my sanity...

Team For Kids is an organization that encourages health education and active programs for youth around the world. I find this cause extremely important because I'm a huge believer in the correlation between the health of the body and the health of the mind. How can we ask this next generation to perform in a productive manner and at their peak level of intelligence when the obesity rates are the highest and most dangerous they've ever been (thank you for your efforts Jamie Oliver and your Food Revolution). 

My idea for this blog is to take you on the journey of marathon training. Not through the process, strenuous training and repercussions of the training (my toenails have all turned black so now I paint them black because I'm self conscious - I know you didn't want to hear that so stop thinking about it now)...  more like the funny stories that happen along the way. I will also include fundraising information and how much dinero we've raised. 

With all that said, I hope you have a lovely day. Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. How inspiring! I'm really going to enjoy reading this :) -Lesley

    ReplyDelete